It is through a group called New England Rescue RX on facebook that I have recently learned the  severe effects that  eating mushrooms  can have on  pets.  I would like to share with your the link below from pet finder written by a veterinarian working with the ASPCA.  The person who's dog experienced what was believed to be mushroom poisoning first presented with bloody diarrhea, bloody vomiting, lethargy, lack of appetite, pacing and panting all some common symptoms of poisoning. If you suspect your pet has gotten into a potentially toxic substance and it is vomiting and/or having diarrhea, you will want contact your vet or the nearest emergency vet ASAP as this is a life threatening situation and the sooner it is treated the better. If you do not know what your pet has gotten into you will want to save some of the vomitus in a plastic zip lock bag to bring with you to the veterinarian.  If you witnessed what was ingested by our pet you will want to bring a sample of the actual product with you and let them know the approximate amount consumed.
http://www.petfinder.com/dogs/dog-health/pets-poisonous-mushrooms/