Please keep your pets away from mushrooms

June 22, 2013

It is through a group called New England Rescue RX on facebook that I have recently learned the  severe effects that  eating mushrooms  can have on  pets.  I would like to share with your the link below from pet finder written by a veterinarian working with the ASPCA.  The person who's dog experienced what was believed to be mushroom poisoning first presented with bloody diarrhea, bloody vomiting, lethargy, lack of appetite, pacing and panting all some common symptoms of poisoning. If you suspect your pet has gotten into a potentially toxic substance and it is vomiting and/or having diarrhea, you will want contact your vet or the nearest emergency vet ASAP as this is a life threatening situation and the sooner it is treated the better. If you do not know what your pet has gotten into you will want to save some of the vomitus in a plastic zip lock bag to bring with you to the veterinarian.  If you witnessed what was ingested by our pet you will want to bring a sample of the actual product with you and let them know the approximate amount consumed.
http://www.petfinder.com/dogs/dog-health/pets-poisonous-mushrooms/
 

Keeping your dog cool during the dog days of summer

July 15, 2012

Dog owners can reduce the threat of heatstroke by taking some precautions:

1.)  Never leave your dog alone in a car on a hot, humid, sunny day, even with the windows cracked open.  The temperature inside an unventilated car can reach well over 150 degrees within a short time.  A dog confined in the car can expire within 10 minutes.

2.)  Keep the interior of you residence comfortably air-conditioned and/or well ventilated during periods of extreme heat, whether or not you are at home with your d...


Continue reading...
 

CDC announces Salmonella outbreak caused by contamination of dry food

May 28, 2012

Story on recent dog food recalls


Continue reading...
 

Obesity in Pets

May 14, 2012
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120221104029.htm
Continue reading...
 

Whats in your pets water?

May 14, 2012

by: Joanne Suresh - for Dogs Naturally magazine

Our environment is constantly bombarded with toxic waste, by-products and gases from large manufacturing corporations, pharmaceutical companies and a host of other industries. The earth’s most precious resource, its water supply, is also laden with toxic pollutants, including our public water supply. What is it in water that makes it so toxic to humans and pets?

Fluoride – the enemy within

Fluoride is a chemical ion of the element fluorine....


Continue reading...
 

 Serving all of Rocky Hill, Cromwell & Wethersfield and parts of  Berlin, Newington & Middletown Connecticut.

Contact us today to schedule services or for more info. 

(860) 543-1636
ccpetcare@att.net